Giorgio Piola’s Monthly Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram (“Instagram”) in any way. By entering the contest, you understand that you are providing your information to Giorgio Piola and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Giorgio Piola and not to Instagram. You may only use one (1) Instagram Account to participate in this Contest.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to anyone at least eighteen (18) years old that has an active Instagram Account in good standing.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Contest is sponsored and administered by GiorgioPiola.com LLC (“Giorgio Piola” or “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Giorgio Piola’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Challenge Period: The Contest will be held monthly.
5. How to Enter: 1) Follow Giorgio Piola on Instagram (@giorgio_piola). 2) Take a picture that captures a “love for racing” spirit. 3) Tag it with #love4racing. Please note that only public accounts will be visible and submissions by private accounts will not be eligible. Every month, Giorgio Piola will pick a winner. The winner will earn a Giorgio Piola Strat-3 Watch.
6. Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE POST (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM TERMS OF SERVICE.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Post he/she submits:
1. is original to him/her;
2. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
3. will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
4. is not defamatory, libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
Giorgio Piola reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Post(s). Any Post that Giorgio Piola deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification. Giorgio Piola reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Post in order to ensure that the Post complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then Giorgio Piola reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Post (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant).
7. Sponsor’s Rights to Photos: By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, marketing partners, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to publish, post, and display, your photo as-is or as-edited (with your name included to indicate photography credit) on its social media feeds and blog without approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your photo as outlined above, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the photo; (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor or its marketing partners on the grounds that any use of the photo, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the photo, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights; and (d) agree that you have received express permission from any subjects featured in photos used as challenge entries and that you are solely responsible for all claims arising from the use of these subjects.
8. Selection of Winner: On or about the first 10 days of the following month of the Contest, Giorgio Piola in its sole discretion will review all eligible entries submitted through Instagram during the entire contest period, and select one (1) potential winner based on his criteria of which photo best captures a love for racing spirit. The decision of Giorgio Piola is final. If Giorgio Piola, in its sole discretion, deems that a photo does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise inappropriate to post, Giorgio Piola may reject that entry and select another.
9. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Giorgio Piola will reach out directly to potential winner via direct message on Instagram within one day of choosing a winning entrant. Giorgio Piola will then follow up with potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. Upon response from winner, Giorgio Piola will announce potential winner via posts on the @giorgio_piola Instagram account. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the initial Instagram direct message within three (3) days, he/she will forfeit the prize and Giorgio Piola may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release.
10. Prize: Winner will earn a Giorgio Piola Strat-3 watch.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Giorgio Piola may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Giorgio Piola reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Challenge, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Giorgio Piola reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giorgio Piola. Failure by Giorgio Piola to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Miami-Date County, in the the State of Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giorgio Piola’s Monthly Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
14. Results: To request a winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Giorgio Piola, 5972 NE 4th.Avenue, Miami, FL 33137. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest Period.